Date:      Thu, 04 Oct 2001 13:02:35 -0700
From:      dmp@pantherdragon.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Inode quotas?

I'm setting up quotas for webhosting and shell users.  I've already set
the block quotas (20MB for shells, 100MB for webhosts), but am wondering
about inode quotas.  What exactly is an inode?  I know that one inode is
used for each file and directory, but, assuming a clean filesystem, does
a file or directory ever take more than one?  If yes, when/why?