Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:29:08 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem cvsup'ing gnats

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 08:14:27PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Mark Ovens wrote:
>
> > No, that's OK. I am still curious about your cvsup file though, what
> > exactly are you cvsup'ing with no tags against any of the collections?
>
> 	The cvs repo files. I check out my sources from my local
> repository. I used to do the same for ports, but it takes SO LONG that I
> finally just set up a local copy of cvsupd for ports, and if I want to
> make a cvs diff for a port I just check out that port into my work area.

Oh right, now I understand. I've realized for a while that having a
local copy of the repo is the best way to do things but I just don't
have the disk space. Because you list specific collections in your
sup-file I didn't work out that it was the repo you are cvsup'ing but,
on hindsight, ``release=cvs'' should have been a clue.

Thanks for all the info. I may be a bit slow on the uptake, but I get
there eventually :) I've learned something from this thread. Cheers.

> Doug
> --
>         "Live free or die"
> 		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire

  If I buy a copy of WinDelete, and it doesn't delete Windows,
  am I entitled to my money back?