Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:37:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Wehle <john@feith.com>
To:        stacy@Millions.Ca
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hauppauge PVR-[23]50 driver

Please send it again with the dmesg which appears when the cxm
driver is loaded.

> First capture hung after about 5-10 minutes.

:-(

> I ^Ced the capture, unloaded the modules and reloaded them and
> got a panic

This seems similar to the panics that happened when the cxm
driver didn't recognize the tuner or the audio decoder which
caused the attach to fail.  Something is up with the cxm module
your OS?  Exactly what commands (in what order) are you using
to load / unload the cxm modules?

> Jan 22 22:00:29 /kernel: cxm0: encoder dma not enough buffer space free

mplayer on your machine was unable to keep up with the live
video stream causing the cxm buffers to back up and eventually
overflow.

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john@feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |