Date:      Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:55:45 +0100
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@freebsd.org>
To:        Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh <mohsen@pahlevanzadeh.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/rc.conf & /etc/defaults/rc.conf

On 2005-11-04 06:16:49 (+0330), Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh <mohsen@pahlevanzadeh.org> wrote:
> What's relation of /etc/rc.conf & /etc/defaults/rc.conf?

The defaults are contained in /etc/defaults/rc.conf and can be overriden in
/etc/rc.conf.  As keramida said, you're not supposed to edit anything in the
defaults, and it's subject to change every time you update your system.

If you're looking for the explanation of an option, the (well-commented)
default sometimes proves more useful than the rc.conf(5) manual.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip@freebsd.org                               subscribed to the list.

  BOFH Excuse #239:
    CPU needs bearings repacked