Date:      Wed, 10 May 1995 08:33:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Erik A. Pearson" <epearson@olac.berkeley.edu>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: boot floppy image with fixed mcd driver

Sean,

On Tue, 9 May 1995, Sean Kelly wrote:

> The fixed boot.flp is available on ftp.freebsd.org in the file
>
> 	/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/boot-with-fixed-mcd-driver.gz
>
> Uncompress it and make a boot floppy from it like you did with the
> original boot.flp.  And good luck, because according to this latest
> message from Terry Lambert, it might not help you:

Unfortunately, this did not work. Oh, well. At this point I see two paths:

1. I've got a Future Domain TMC830 SCSI card and a drive for it -- which
I could attach a SCSI drive to. However, FreeBSD doesn't seem to be able
to see the drive. The docs say that FreeBSD is okay for the FD TMC8xx
interface. Any clues?

2. Get a new Mitsumi drive (e.g. FX400, etc.). Do all the newer mitsumi
drives work with FreeBSD?

A big motivation is to use the stuff I have, since I'm just about to buy a
new machine for windows programming -- and the new one is going to get all
the whizzz-bang stuff. The FreeBSD machine doesn't need to be super-fast,
since it will be used for perl programming, as a partner for network
programming on the windows machine, and for general unix fun. (I wish it
were the other way around!)

Thanks,

Erik.