Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:28:09 -0600
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        m <mfoulk@kewd.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI RAID for 'gift'

m wrote:
> {I was emailed a 'recommendation' to CC this to the questions list,
> it was originally posted to hardware}
>
> I apologize if repeating the post causes any problems. Thanks.
> VF

If I remember correctly... (somebody please correct me)
The Intel ICH5R supports RAID 0 and RAID 1, and I think their 'Matrix'
technology. Which should allow you to mirror, striped volumes.  Should
be able to setup the volume(s) via BIOS.  Is any FreeBSD support
necessary??? I have no idea.  When I googled I found a few other FreeBSD
threads discussing ICH5R.  So you might start with the past posts to see
if anything helps.

HTH