Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 11:38:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      wietse@porcupine.org (Wietse Venema)
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thanks!

Thanks to the PAO project I can keep using FreeBSD on my primary
machine that goes where I go, and where things are tried first.

I've been a loyal FreeBSD user since day 386bsd. It would have been
a traumatic experience to switch primary environment to Linux.

There is still one problem: after zzz or closing the lid, the
machine wakes up a few seconds after it suspends, even when it was
turned on from battery power.

Details below the signature. Suggestions for fixes appreciated.

	    Wietse

Hardware is Thinkpad 600. apm output follows:

APM version: 1.2
APM Managment: Enabled
AC Line status: off-line
Battery status: high
Remaining battery life: 85%
Remaining battery time:  5:38:00
Number of batteries: 1
Resume timer: disabled
Resume on ring indicator: enabled
APM Capacities:
        global standby state
        global suspend state
        resume timer from suspend

This is FreeBSD 3.4 and PAO3 out of the box - the only kernel
config change being (I do run NTP when plugged into ethernet):

    62c62
    < #options      SCSI_DETACH
    ---
    > options       SCSI_DETACH
    213c213
    < #options      "APM_NO_CLOCK_ADJUST"
    ---
    > options       "APM_NO_CLOCK_ADJUST"

Changes to rc.conf:

    < hostname=""                   # Set this!
    ---
    > hostname=bristle.watson.ibm.com
    74,75c78,79
    < #ifconfig_common="inet 192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.0"
    < ifconfig_common="DHCP"                # Use dhcp
    ---
    > ifconfig_common="inet 9.2.84.17 netmask 255.255.255.128"
    > #ifconfig_common="DHCP"               # Use dhcp
    156c160
    < defaultrouter="NO"            # Set to default gateway (or NO).
    ---
    > defaultrouter="9.2.84.2"      # Set to default gateway (or NO).

No changes to pccard.conf (except adding entry for ZOOM modem).