Date:      Sun, 8 Jun 1997 00:51:47 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, stefan@exis.net, pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co, jdd@vbc.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Exchange vs. Notes

On Sat, Jun 07, 1997 at 12:23:19AM -0700, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:
> Uh yeah, right.  Look, I'm all for the free Unix thing myself, but
> there really is a market for commercial software and enterprise level
> support.  Try to get the source code to Digital Unix.  Or HP/UX. :-)

Michael,

I had severe problems, to get the M$ proxy server running.
M$ wasn't able to help me with their product and sent me
to a M$ $olution Provider.

I think M$ isn't able to support the product's they ship.
And they aren't able to ship a stable release. All they do is
to ship another messy release with lots of new features and
bugs ....

Netscapes Enterprise Server on WinNT sucks as well. The
administration server does hang up sometimes, so I'm not
convinced with that product as well ... But since our
ISP tells us, that this product doesn't fail on SGI's I still
believe, that M$ sucks again, as it does _always_ :-/

I believe that M$ isn't really willed to come up with a
stable productivity tool. All they do is to make competition
with other companies, try to kick them out of business and
to use their genious Marketing Machinery to make people
believe, they have fine programs, OS's and tools ...

--
Andreas Klemm | klemm.gtn.com - powered by
                    Symmetric MultiProcessor FreeBSD