Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 2003 09:45:36 -0600
From:      danl@solvnet.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.9, 5.1 boot failure after install

Hi,

I've tried both methods. Letting the install program WRITE to FDISK
upon completion and writing directly after making the partitions and
setting the labels. Writing during the install gives the prompt that on
new installs the routine will write later, do I really want to do it now.
When I click yes I get the prompt that it is successfully written.

I assume that when I return to fdisk it will show a current setting (ie.
active or not). Is the install operating on a ramdisk doing a final write
on completion? I read one place that a person had the same problem
and installed redhat successfully then reinstalled FreeBSD and the
geometry was changed in fdisk. Is there a geometry issue?

thanks,
Dan