Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 1999 10:29:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Edward Ing <bsdlist@cr343877-a.wlfdle1.on.wave.home.com>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
Cc:        Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what's a good proxy server program for freebsd <eom>

Try using the NATD daemon. This won't give you caching, I don't think. It
might not be what you require.

But for my requirements it works beautifully. I just installed it and it
works like a charm. As far as I can tell it
lets everything pass through. The proxy is a 486 with 32M of ram. All I
wanted was a gateway for my other
computers which did not have public IP address but which needed to talk to
any socket in the outside world.
Some applications which require the client to be setup as a server (like
the hosting of games) won't work given the way I have set it up.

Edward Ing.