Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:43:27 -0400
From:      Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.org>, ahl@austclear.com.au
Subject:   Re: First time Vinum user.  Setup problems

OK.
Thanks to Greg and Tony for clearing up a couple of things.
I just learned something about the boot process.

Continuing:
I recreated my error and this is what I got:
vinum
Vinum -> concat -n public -v /dev/ad5s1e /dev/ad6s1e /dev/ad7s1e
volume public
   plex name public.p0 org concat
drive vinumdrive0 device /dev/ad5s1e
Can't create drive vinumdrive0, device /dev/ad5s1e: invalid argument (22)
vinum -> Oct 17 21:24:11 Callimachus /kernel: vinum: public.p0 is up
Oct 17 21:24:11 Callimachus /kernel: vinum: public is up
(I didn't get a command prompt after the last message until I hit enter.)

I'm somewhat confused on what should be listed for the -v values.  I've
seen a couple of different things in the various articles and man pages.
I concluded from my reading, possibly incorrectly, that I had to
allocate filesystems on the disks for vinum to use.  e.g. ad5s1e.

TIA for any help.
Cheers...