Date:      Thu, 02 Dec 1999 15:25:15 -0600
From:      Jim King <king@sstar.com>
To:        <angelko@saw.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RADIUS server: current sessions, radcheck

At 01:54 PM 12/2/1999 -0800, angelko@saw.net wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Can anyone tell me how to find out the number of current user
>sessions, and who those users are on a RADIUS server?

RADIUS servers are usually stateless - they don't have any notion of who is
currently logged on.  Usually you want to query the remote access device to
get this information, usually via SNMP.  I threw together a couple Perl
scripts that do this on Livingston Portmaster 3's (and other PM's?) and
eSoft's IPAD.  It would be easy to do for other brands too.

Jim