Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:16:14 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash+freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7.0-BETA1.5 ISO/ftp

On October 27, 2007 05:24 am David Taylor wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Freddie Cash wrote:
> > On October 25, 2007 03:07 pm Erik Trulsson wrote:
> > > But csup does not yet support CVS mode, so you can't use it to
> > > maintain a local copy of the repository.  For some people
> > > (including me) this means that csup is not yet a suitable
> > > replacement for CVSup.
> >
> > Maybe not, but for the bulk of the users of cvsup, csup is a drop-in
> > replacement.  :)  As with most things in Unix-land, there's more than
> > one way to do things, and every one will defend to the death their
> > way of doing things.  :D
>
> I think the point is there _isn't_ more than one way to cvsup the CVS
> repo - csup currently cannot do that.

Fine, to end the arguments: for non-developer, "normal" users, who only
use cvsup to update their source tree for a normal buildworld cycle (and
for the ports tree for those who haven't moved to portsnap), csup is a
drop-in replacement for cvsup.

There, does that make the lot of you pedants happy?

:D

--
Freddie Cash, LPIC-2 CCNT CCLP      Network Support Technician
School District 73                  (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]