Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:07:37 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Call for review: new pccard.conf scheme

In message <38E2C1A8.ECD96F7C@newsguy.com> "Daniel C. Sobral" writes:
: Thinking about it for ten seconds, I recalled the increase in the string
: that identifies the card.

That change basically didn't impact anything.  There were a few cards
that were dinged by it.  No worse than any of the changes in the
kernel config file.

: > I wouldn't bother adding that at this late date.  pccard.conf likely
: > won't be around in 5.0 in anywhere near its current form, and would be
: > renamed to something else in any event.
:
: I'd love to be wrong on this, and I'd also love for the feature to be
: added just in case.

Submit patches if you are that insistant.  If iwasaki-san really want
to use them, it is up to him, but I really really don't want to do
this.

Warner