Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 19:46:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Harkirat Singh <singh@pdx.edu>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Toshiba Satellite 3005-S403 FreeBSD 4.4 RC1 installed but..

Hello!

	I am able to install FreeBSD4.4 RC1 by disabling "pci0" (after
floppy images are loaded) in "start Kernel configuration in full-screen
visual mode". I successfully installed FreBSD. Now when I rebooted the
system for the first time, I got same error and laptop hangs after the
message as "pci0 unknown ....". I tried going into single user mode by
typing "boot -s" but I do not know what to do there so that pci0 is not
recognized.

Could some one tell me how can I disable loading pci0 module at load time,
or if there some othre way to solve this problem.

I also wonder that if I disable pci0 then how in future I would be able to
use any PCMCIA card?

Regards,

Harkirat