Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 14:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        Daren Dugger <ddugger@crlink.host.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems

	Yes, our website is fine. I think your problem is because the date
on your computer is set to May 5th, 1994. Most of the current DNS servers
check the time of the request and if it is longer then a 3.2 years, they
expire the request since it is hard to send an IP address to something in
the past. Basically, if you set the time on your computer one year ahead
(so, set it to 1999), you will never again have problems with DNS since it
will always send the IP address a year in advance -- by the time you get
to the future date of you current computer time setting, it will already
have the IP it was asking for a year ago.
	This solution actually is what solved the internet congestion and
saved the internet from crashing down.

-- Yan

Jan Koum                  jkb@best.com |  "Turn up the lights; I don't want
www.FreeBSD.org -- The Power to Serve  |   to go home in the dark."