Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2003 05:11:55 +0000
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        William Bloom <wbloom@eldocomp.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Evolution Message Summary View

--=-6HkjrKZ0j1TGlcD13eOD

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 18:33, William Bloom wrote:
> I've just installed the Evolution 1.4.4 port and I'm generally pleased,
> with reservations.  I've encountered the inbox permission problem
> reported in other posts to freebsd-questions, but also I've noticed that
> there seems to be a date/time formatting problem in the message summary
> view that's not been mentioned in earlier posts.  For that matter, I've
> seen nothing referencing this problem in the issue list at
> http://developer.ximian.org/projects/evolution.  The symptom is that a
> message's date/time is shown as expected when the view is first
> displayed after Evolution startup.  But if -any- other view is displayed
> (i.e. Summary), then on return to the message summary the date/times all
> are evidently displayed with a UTC time offset (0) instead of the
> correct one.  Once this occurs, the date/time never returns to the
> current offset until Evolution is stopped and restarted.  Has anyone
> else seen this as well, or know a workaround?

Ah, that's the catalyst.  There have been numerous reports of this
problem, but I was never able to reproduce it.  Switching views is the
catalyst.  I suspect this is not a FreeBSD bug, but now that I have a
definite catalyst, I will take this to the Ximian people, and see what
they have to say.

Joe

>=20
> Bill