Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:07:27 -0500
From:      Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, sandy@divre5.telkom.co.id
Subject:   Re: Qmail+Vmailmgr?

> Hi all....
> I plan to move my Linux box which run Qmail 1.03 I use Vmailmgr for handling
> virtual domains, adding user otomatically...  check out at
> http://mail.telkom.net
>
> I have the rpm packages....is there any way to convert to FreeBSD packages?
> or may be anyone have some stuff that can handle virtual domains or adduser
> ??

You can't convert an rpm to a package. You can, however, install Qmail from the
port (/usr/ports/mail/qmail). You can also compile it directly from the
sources; it compiles cleanly, and there are FreeBSD-specific instructions in
the Qmail tarball for configuring the various user accounts Qmail needs.

You'll have problems compiling Vmailmgr, though. You'll need to install the
egcs compiler port or package first, and set the environment variables CC and
CXX to /usr/local/bin/gcc and /usr/local/bin/g++, respectively, before running
./configure. You'll also find that "make install" will fail initially, and
you'll have to edit lib/Makefile and lib-cgi/Makefile to get it to install.

I'm using Vmailmgr in testing on one of my FreeBSD 2.2.7 boxes, and it seems to
be running fine.

Chris Johnson