Date:      Sat, 10 Oct 2009 20:51:49 -0500
From:      Bryan Cassidy <northsidesoxfan@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ASUS M4A78T-E Motherboard

Hi, I am in the process of building a new PC and I am building this
machine (one of three... second will be OpenBSD Firewall for FreeBSD and a
third one for Windows.. you know games and all that stuff) and I am wondering
if I will have any problems with this motherboard amd its chipset. North Bridge
is AMD 790GX and South Bridge is AMD SB750. it comes with a VIA VT1708S
onboard soundcard and the handbook states the VIA VT1708 is supported so I am
hoping it is the case with this one. Second, ATI Radeon HD 3300 onboard video.
I keep coming up with info that states it is suppported and last is the
Atheros L1E onboard LAN card.

I will give you a rundown of what I want to do and maybe I can get some advice
on hardware and how I approach this. I mainly use FreeBSD for my daily machine
because I just enjoy using FreeBSD and it is just what I need for a day to day
use. I have a 23" LCD right now hookup via VGA on my laptop and when the
machine I am building is done I would like to run a triple LCD setup. I've
always wanted to run OpenBSD as a firewall and so I would like to build a basic
machine with no sound, and no video to serve this purpose. I would like to also
run Apache and run my own website. The third machine for Windows I might just
partition one of my hard drives (I will be getting 3 Seagate Barracuda
LP ST32000542AS 2TB hard drives. Total 6 TBs.) and put Windows on it and just by another
video card for extreme gaming or something. I am kinda new to building my own
PC so some opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, as a side note, the specs above would be just to get it started and I
would eventually add my own PCI NIC card, PCI sound, and PCI Video card. Any
and all thoughts are welcome. Thanks for any help.

hoping that everything will work out of box with FreeBSD.