Date:      Sat, 05 May 2018 18:01:06 +0200
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Radek =?utf-8?Q?Krej=C4=8Da?= <radek.krejca@starnet.cz>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions\@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-ports\@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Firebird core dumped after update

Radek Krej=C4=8Da <radek.krejca@starnet.cz> writes:

> I updated freebsd and ports to latest version. And I have big troubles
> with Firebird and probably ICU after update. Server starts without
> problems but if I try to import database, server core dumps.

Build the port and dependencies WITH_DEBUG=3D1 then use gdb (from ports)
or lldb to get a backtrace. truss/ktrace only captures system calls i.e.,
rarely useful when debugging application crashes.

> stat("/usr/local/share/icu/61.1/icudt61l/windows-874-2000.cnv",0x7fffdf7f=
63b0) ERR#2 'No such file or directory'
[...]
> Its true, this file really doesn't exist. But why? I tried to
> recompile all packages from ports, the same situation.

devel/icu has --with-data-packaging=3Darchive which concatenates all
locale data into a single file e.g., icudt61l.dat.

http://userguide.icu-project.org/icudata

Maybe ICU always iterates over all places locale data can be. Unless no
data is found it's unlikely to be the reason of the crash.