Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 1997 20:41:55 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Freebsd <hometeam@techpower.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: printer

On Fri, Jun 06, 1997 at 09:54:50AM -0400, Freebsd wrote:
> if I were to setup a network printer on freebsd. basicly I
>   would need what to enable it so my win95 system can print also on it ?
>   printer is connected to bsd box.

You need samba, to share your printer on the network for
Windows operating systems. If you have Windows NT, then
you only have to install TCP/IP printing on the NT box
as additional service. After that you can directly print
to the FreeBSD machine via lpd protocol.

You might be interested in installing apsfilter on the FreeBSD
machine, if your printer is a PS printer or is supported by gs,
which acts as a Postscript emulator.

> I am not sure if this is the correct mail list.

-questions, but am willed to help.

--
Andreas Klemm | klemm.gtn.com - powered by
                    Symmetric MultiProcessor FreeBSD