Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 2003 12:32:30 -0500
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Andy Polyakov <appro@fy.chalmers.se>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: dvd+rw-tools-5.15.4.8.5 and FreeBSD 5-current

Andy Polyakov wrote:
[ ... ]
>> Would the symptoms of this problem include returning invalid sense codes
>> in the event of a problem?
>
> Yes.

OK, that helps.

> Well, the problem I'm referring to is believed to be specific to FreeBSD
> 5.2 only, at least downgrading to 5.1 reportedly helps.  Meaning that if
> user in question can confirm that he experienced the problem under 5.0 or
> 5.1, then we might have to have another look, as it must be failing for
> *another* reason. But in either case...

The user was following 5-CURRENT and the problem report was dated several
months after 5.1 was released, so it's likely that his system was running
ATA/CAM code with this bug.  Again, thanks to you and <pav@freebsd.org> for
looking into the problem.  A PR has been submitted to update the port:

-Chuck