Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 1995 08:53:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Stephen Couchman <scouch@io.org>
Cc:        Barry Masterson <jbarrm@panix.com>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: iijpp STILL cannot talk to my modem :-((

On Sun, 31 Dec 1995, Stephen Couchman wrote:

> Barry,
>
> Thanks for your help so far.  I did recompile the ppp code last night, and
> found that the new binary was ~100k vs. the original of ~85k.  When I ran
> the program it exhibited the same behaviour, i.e. no characters sent to the
> modem.  I just tried chmod as you suggested, but the results are the same.
>
> I am also hoping that one of the PPP/Unix comm gurus will 'step up to the
> plate' on this one.  Perhaps they are are all enjoying the New Year's
> holiday, and I will hear from them soon...

What the hell.  I've got some time to kill, and I have played around with
iij-ppp enough so that I am willing to give yorur problem a shot.
Unfortunately, I got in a little late on the thread, and so don't know:

a) what exactly is the problem;
b) I don't have copiesof your configuration files (which would help...)

Incidentally, what version of FreeBSD are you running, what kind of
system is it, what kind of modem (brand? internal/external? etc.)...
these might help out too

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA
93190-1212 TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW
http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072 PGP Public Key available by
request (send e-mail) or on Public Key Servers. ** Uphold your right to
privacy - Use PGP. **