Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 20:32:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      cache manager <cache@scnc.jps.k12.mi.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Ports configuration?

I have posted this on squids mailing list but havent recieved a answer.
Maybe someone can help.

I am using squid 1.2 on a Freebsd 2.8 box.  I have a non icp parent that
we must send all http requests thru. I have two squid proxy servers so far
on campus (private network behind a firewall) and i would like to use them
as siblings. When I do however they
fail most of the time with error messages such as "unable to forward".
When the proxy requests go through I more often than not get broken
images. Is there any configuration required in the etc\services file for
the ports used? I am more inclined to suspect the problem may lay in my
acl configuration. I have included it below.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

acl jpshosts src 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
http_access allow jpshosts
http_access deny all
icp_access allow all
always_direct deny all
acl local-servers dstdomain jps.k12.mi.us
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
never_direct deny local-servers
never_direct allow all

Thank you