Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:50:58 -0400
From:      "Ryan Baltz" <RCBALTZ@accusort.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sound deprecated...

  I'm new to FreeBsd and tried to install sound support for my SB16
last night.  I followed the directions in 'The Handbook' and it gave me
a big 'ole message about the Sound Device being deprecated.  What am I
doing wrong?  Are there any good texts out there that are a step above,
"type ls to list files" but not as high as "this is how to perform a
level 6 diagnostic" ???

Thanks!
Ryan Baltz