Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 06:53:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        Geoffrey Robinson <geoffr@globalserve.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Book Suggestions

On 15-Jun-98 Geoffrey Robinson wrote:
> Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment  W. Richard Stevens

This is an EXCELLENT book.  I just picked up a copy a few weeks ago at Barnes
and Nobles.  Thorough, clear, and well-organized.  Make this one of the first
ones you get; you may find it fills quite a few of your needs.

You can also download all of the source code examples (the URL is in the
book).

HIGHLY recommended.

>The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating System by Keith
>Bostic

Another gem of a book.  Picked it up the same day as the above.  A must-have,
IMHO.

A little light summer reading, you know.  :-)

--
Conrad Sabatier
http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/

And the Deep Thought of the Day is:

Think of your family tonight.  Try to crawl home after the computer
crashes.