Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:32:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        "Cliff L. Biffle" <cbiffle@safety.net>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB issues with Aladdin M5237

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Cliff L. Biffle wrote:

> I'm having issues with my laptop's USB under -current (snapshot as of today).
> The controller has never worked in FreeBSD (4.x or 5.x), but works fine under
> Knoppix.
>
> I've found messages to mobile@ dating back a couple of years with people
> getting my exact symptoms on the same controller -- but there are also
> messages from folks for whom it works fine.

Another "mine works" message :)

ohci0: <AcerLabs M5237 (Aladdin-V) USB controller> mem
0xf7eff000-0xf7efffff irq 11 at device 2.0 on pci0
usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0: SMM does not respond, resetting
usb0: <AcerLabs M5237 (Aladdin-V) USB controller> on ohci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: AcerLabs OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

Mine works fine. Someone fixed the bugs preventing me from getting pics
off my camera in the past few months and it works great. Other usb devices
work great. The only "problem" is that I can't *unload* the module.

Maybe it's something to do with "usb0: SMM does not respond, resetting".
Does your device listing from pciconf match mine:

ohci0@pci0:2:0: class=0x0c0310 card=0x00041179 chip=0x523710b9 rev=0x03
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Acer Labs Incorporated (ALi)'
    device   = 'ALI M5237 USB Host Controller'
    class    = serial bus
    subclass = USB