Date:      Sat, 5 Sep 2015 14:45:28 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Nomad Esst <noname.esst@yahoo.com>
To:        Freebsd Hackers List <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   em. igb performance test

Hi allDuring some performance tests, we found out some weird problems. We u=
se a shell script that do the following :
do from 1 to 10Shutdown em/igb interfacesleep 3Bring em/igb interface uptcp=
replay -i em0 -l ospf_hello.pcap=C2=A0sleep3end
By running this shell on one side we expect 10 ospf hello packets to get ar=
rived at the other side, but tcpdump (on the other side) shows 4, sometimes=
 8 and etc ... (not all 10 packets are arrived at the other side).We test t=
his scenario with a Cisco router, and all packets are received at the Cisco=
 side. What causes this packet loss in FreeBSD (maybe in em or igb drivers)=
?I know that this scenario may not have any use in the real world, but I'm =
curious, why Cisco don't have such behavior.Thanks in advance.
Regards.