Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:44:02 -0500
From:      SweeTLeaF <SweeTLeaF@myrealbox.com>
To:        owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Jacob Rhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: cant find libc.so.4

Hello Giorgos,

Friday, September 27, 2002, 4:28:06 AM, you wrote:

GK> On 2002-09-27 01:51, SweeTLeaF <SweeTLeaF@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>> I have been looking on all the ftp/s and have noticed that 5.0-current
>> has the .tbz format so i guess there is difference in the 5.0 DP1 and
>> 5.0-current. I was wanting to load current, as current as possible.

>> I have not found any 5.0 current .iso on the ftps. Are there any
>> .iso's of this as that would be a easier install.

GK> snapshots.jp.FreeBSD.org is one place where you can find ISO-images
GK> that have been built from -CURRENT.

GK> Please do note though, that CURRENT is the experimental, bleeding-edge
GK> version of FreeBSD.  Quoting:
GK> http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html

GK>         As you read this, keep in mind that FreeBSD-current is the
GK>         ``bleeding edge'' of FreeBSD development.  FreeBSD-current
GK>         users are expected to have a high degree of technical skill,
GK>         and should be capable of solving difficult system problems on
GK>         their own.  If you are new to FreeBSD, think twice before
GK>         installing it.

GK> Regards,
GK> Giorgos.

Thanks, and your right. As i was reading about the current i decided
to stay away from this. I have about 2yrs BSD experience with open but
still i don't think its a good idea to run current when i am trying to
switch to Free and learn it. Getting up one morning and finding cvs
updated and broke something would be a bad vibe at this stage. Thanks
for your help i greatly appreciate it.

--
Best regards,
 SweeTLeaF                            mailto:SweeTLeaF@myrealbox.com