Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:18:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      asker survey <asker_student@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp authentication problem

Hello everybody;
	I upgraded my 4.4 FreeBSD to 4.9. I backed up the
/usr/home directory and /etc/*. After installing
FreeBSD 4.9 I copied passwd , master.passwd and the
home directories. Now the users can log in through
telnet or ssh. But when trying to access ftp this
message is displayed after typing the username:
	530 User testuser access denied.
	Login failed.

Thank you for you patience and attention.
Since I am not in the list please send the reply to me
directly.