Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2007 01:02:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Anton Yuzhaninov <citrin@citrin.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_7: can't connect to Solaris

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Anton Yuzhaninov wrote:

> Yes problem was in firewall, not Solaris/FreeBSD tcp stacks.
>
> On Solaris was used ipfilter 3.4.18, and after 3.4.18 was fixed several bugs,
> which can cause such problems.
> Probably this:
>
> 4.1.17 - Released 20 January 2007
> fix tracking TCP window scaling in the state code

Thanks for tracking this down, now we know of at least two firewalls that
are broken in this regards.  (The other one is Rui Paulo's D-Link
router, I don't recall which model.)

The code I just merged from HEAD to RELENG_7 should reduce the default
scale value to 3, that should allow things to work even through firewalls
that do not interpret the scaling value properly.

-Mike