Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 19:46:38 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Allen Pulsifer" <pulsifer@mediaone.net>
Cc:        "Mitch Collinsworth" <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is 4.0-iso checksum right? [was: iso-image ]

I don't really like the "4.0a" since that's still not truly indicative
of anything besides "change" - what about a changelog to accompany the
image?  When you see a new changelog entry and a new checksum next to
it (I'd merge changelog and checksum information), you can compare to
see which revision you have and what changes were done subsequently.

- Jordan