Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 07:34:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Enoch Wu <elok516@shellyeah.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
Subject:   Re: telnet client for win95/98

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Enoch Wu wrote:

> Try TeraTerm. It has telnet + SSH1 and best of all it's free:
>
> http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html
>
> > >Thus spake Gene Harris (zeus@tetronsoftware.com):

[insert obligatory Telnet-Is-Evil-Use-SSH lecture]

TeraTerm is as good as it gets when it comes to freeware for the purpose.
It does support ssh1 with an extension that I found to be really messy and
wouldn't consider an option but it's all you'll get for free. SecureCRT if
you're in North America.

> --

Please don't use sigdashes if you're going to quote everything relevant
beneath them.

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000