Date:      Tue, 6 May 2008 09:10:09 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPPROTO_DIVERT and PF_INET6

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 01:15:29PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> >This should provide a direct answer to you question of "why"?  But I
> >suspect the underlying question is why divert sockets aren't supported
> >for IPv6.  I don't know why.
>
> because no=one has done it and because divert sockaddrs are ipv4 sockaddrs
>
> you would have to make a new divert6 protocol.
> That's not impossible, but no-one has done it.

I've been looking at it, with hints from rwatson@ and bms@, but the
problem right now lays in the way you can do dynamic protocol
registrations with IPv4 but not yet with IPv6. Every time when I
get one step further I end up with a new problem :-(

Let's call it a learning excercise!

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org