Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:18:10 +0200
From:      rene@xs4all.nl
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to resize many images from a console-prompt?

Hi. I have large directories full of image files that I need to do processing
on. Can anyone tell me which packages are out there that might assist me?

I'm particularly looking for functionality to get fileinformation (width,
height, no of colors) in an .gif, .png or .jpg image.
With that information, I'd like to be able to resize all 3 fileformats to
something that I specify.
For instance, I'd like to be able to resize along only 1 edge, and have the
program calculate the proportions for me, and any whitespace that is left
over should have a color defined by me or be transparant..

I know I'm asking for a lot; is it out there? ;)