Date:      Sat, 17 May 1997 19:00:41 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        reggie@aa.net
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mylex/BusLogic: 948/958 support?

>Hi there. last year in November I believe, I pointed someone to the web
>page for the maintainer of the Buslogic drivers for Linux. I got the
>impression that support in FreeBSD would be forthcomming. My question
>is has this happened yet. I have a soft spot for the Buslogic card
>basically because I have a 445S in my 486 right now. Late this year or
>early next year, I am planning to put together a new machine and I
>am currently planning to get a 958. This is why I am interested in
>support for this card.

The 958 *is* supported by FreeBSD, although the driver does not take
full advantage of this card's features.

>The URL for this page is http://www.dandelion.com/Linux/
>
>He seems to get fantastic support from the Mylex people and I dont see
>why the same cannot be true for us.

It's never been about getting support from Mylex.  Its a matter of having
someone with the knowhow for updating the driver having the time to do
the work.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations