Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 18:19:02 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Martin Edlman <edlman@kolej.mff.cuni.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   VFAT and FAT32 file systems

Sirs,
	I realy like FreeBSD, we use it in office - it's great. I'd like
to use it on my own computer, but I use Windows 95 sometime (for graphic
processing) and I need access to disks with VFAT file system. That's why I
use Redhat Linux 4.2. It's not bad, but FreeBSD is better as I can tell
when I'm using both systems.
	So my question is - will FreeBSD support VFAT and FAT32 file
systems? I think this could be interesting for much more eventual
custommers and users. Many users (I know lot of them) use Linux just
because of its cooperation with other OS (Windows 95, OS/2, ...) it's more
workstation than server, FreeBSD is more server, but now with huge number
of applications it's turning to be great server and worstation in one, but
as workstation it should support easy use of files from different OS.

	Wish you the best in your work, keep working on your great OS!

									Edas

And remember:
  640 KB should be enough for everyone (B.Gates, 1984)
  640 MB should be enough for everyone using Windows (B.Gates, 1994)
  640 GB should be enough for everyone using Billdows (B.Gates, 2004)
  RPG or BFG should be enough for everyone to kill BG (normal PC user)

Martin Edlman, A818, VSK 17. listopadu, Patkova 3, Praha 8, 182 00
+421/2/855 10 40-9, ext. 692, edlman@mail.kolej.mff.cuni.cz
http://www.kolej.mff.cuni.cz/~edlman/