Date:      Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:34:22 +0100
From:      FreeBsdBeni <freebsdbeni@spymac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New boot-up message

--nextPart1196405.5ApxK5xhRy

On Thursday 10 November 2005 00:10, Peter Clutton wrote:
> On 11/10/05, Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net> wrote:
> > Updating KDM configuration
> > Information: reading old kdmrc /usr/local/share/config/kdm/kdmrc (from
> > kde
> >
> > >=3D 2.2.x)
> >
> > Information: old kdmrc is from kde >=3D 3.1 (config version 2.3)
> > how should I go about correcting it?
>
> I could be wrong but i think running :
> pkgdb -F
>
> might help, as it seems to be a version thing. But as it's a file and
> not a port that seems to be the problem, this might not be what you
> need.

Same problem here :
<dmesg output>
Updating KDM configuration
Information: reading old kdmrc /usr/local/share/config/kdm/kdmrc (from kde =
>=3D=20
2.2.x)
Information: old kdmrc is from kde >=3D 3.1 (config version 2.3)
Warning: cannot read file /usr/local/share/config/kdm/Xwilling
Warning: cannot read file /usr/local/share/config/kdm/Xsetup
Warning: cannot read file /usr/local/share/config/kdm/Xstartup
Warning: cannot read file /usr/local/share/config/kdm/Xreset
<...>

It appeared after the combined upgrade from 5.4 tot 6.0 and the upgrade fro=
m=20
kde 3.4.2 to 3.4.3.
About those Warnings : unreadable files because they simply don't exist in=
=20
that directory (or anywhere else).
But kde seems to be running fine without them here.

=2D-=20
Beni.