Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2016 09:31:01 -0800
From:      Chris Stankevitz <chris@stankevitz.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Stealthy 10.3-RELEASE-p14

Hi,

freebsd-update wants to upgrade me from 10.3-RELEASE-p13 to
10.3-RELEASE-p14.  There has been no mention on freebsd-announce or on
errata.  Is this normal?  Usually I don't even bother running
freebsd-update until I get an announcement but I "accidentally" did on
one of my systems.  Looks like -p14 fixes an improper use of
signed/unsigned with the new libc.

My guess is that we are working on making the announcement but with
limited resources etc, etc.  Perhaps I shouldn't even bother waiting for
announcements in the future and just run freebsd-update periodically (?).

Thank you,

Chris