Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:20:42 +0100
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@sohara.org>
To:        stan <stanb@panix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FW: still image capture from video stream

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:22:32 -0400
stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:

> Did I mention that there were 4 different cameras? I'm either goging

	Yes.

> to have to use 4 cards, or something like the Inpact series of cards.
> Is switiching between the sources supported? How quick can U switch?

	Switching between sources is supported (IIRC it's a command line
option on bktr2jpeg) and switch time is dominated by the need for a full
frame to establish sync (which assuming a 25fps frame rate will be tight
given that you want to switch 16 times a second, but should work as
long as no sync signals from the camera get missed). I'm not familiar
with the Inpact series (and google keeps throwing me a French review
site called pc-inpact) but if they use an BT8[47][89] chipset then they
should be OK with them.