Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 16:03:33 +1000
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        "thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se" <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>, Thomas Uhrfelt <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: webmail sollution

And like I typed in the discussion

Try www.atdot.org is an extremely good webmail program where you can use apache
and the webmail program is written in perl cgi so you can easily customize it
for your clients (most perfered). There is a good mailing list for people that
can subscribe to if they have some kind of query regarding the product.

Or there is a good web based email client called Twig which is wrriten in php3
but is more like a groupware program

And I believe there is one called aeromail whcih works with IMAP and is written
in php3 too.

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Thomas Uhrfelt wrote:
> I have a slight problem which I need your help solving. I have read the
> last months webmail discussions on the lists, but none of them seems to
> adress my problem exactly. Before I start I just want to state that I use
> purely FreeBSD boxens for our external server purposes, that's why I am
> posting this question to a FreeBSD specific list.
>
> My idea is to have a FreeBSD system running Apache + some sort of Webmail
> accessories - which in turn checks mail via the normal POP3 server
> (cucipop), and leaves messages still on the main server. You should have
> the option to send/reply/download attachments and so forth. But the
> important thing - the original mailfiles must be left intact. Is there such
> a package availible? This system should be used for somewhat mobile users
> which sometimes work from inside the office network and once in a while
> goes out travelling.
>
> Vänliga hälsningar / Best regards,
>
> Thomas Uhrfelt
>
> IT Manager
>
> PlymoVent AB
> Föreningsgatan 37
> 211 52  Malmö
> SWEDEN
>
> Telephone: +4640303130
> Telefax: +4640313140

You are not authorized to use my email address for spam or any purpose
whatsoever. Remove my email address from your databases immediately and do
not attempt to email me in any way.