Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 15:47:44 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   NEWCARD quick update

OK.  I have the infrastructure issues in NEWCARD dealt with.  I'm not
probing (but failing) devices.  I'm about to embark on updating
drivers to the NEWCARD regeim in an OLDCARD compatible way.  I'll do
the sn driver first and commit those changes as an example.  The sn
driver may be a little unstable as a result.  It is likely the least
widely used drivers, which is why I picked it.  There are still some
userland interaction issues that need to be addressed, as well as a
possible kernel linker bug that needs fixing, but I've made some good
progerss in the last few days.

This is only on the 16-bit cards in what is basically i82365
compatibility mode on the cardbus bridges, but it is a start.

Warner