Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:24:54 +0800 (SGT)
From:      Lim Wee Guan <weeguan@hem.passagen.se>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 6.0

> Thus spake brian william wolter (bwolter@thesadmachine.org):
>
> > has anyone seen a fbsd port of netscape 6.0 or am i going to have to use
> > the linux version?
>
> The linux version works fine. You'll have to install the linux-gtk port
> for the install, though.

Hi,

I installed netscape 6.0 for linux with no difficulty, but it appears full of bugs namely,

1)  No access to https sites
2)  Poor JAVA support (Asks for JAVA plugin, then fails to install)
3)  Helper Apps broken
4)  General pre-release software feel (debug output to stdout w errors).

Generally, it feels like netscape 6.0 PR4 to me. Is it just me, or is anyone else getting these bugs also? Just about moving back to Netscape 4, and leaving netscape 6 as a curiosity in my HDD.

Regards,

Wee Guan.