Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:01:54 -0500
From:      Alan Curtis <acurtis@ieee.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   starting netatalk

I am trying to use netatalk-2.0.1 on FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE.

I can start afpd manually by

/usr/local/sbin/afpd -s /usr/local/etc/AppleVolumes.system -f
/usr/local/etc/AppleVolumes.default

and can access the share from my Mac OS X machine.

There is a script /usr/local/etc/rc.d/netatalk.sh that is supposed to
start afpd at startup. I cannot get that to work.

I tried adding a netatalk.conf file with afpd="yes". I tried editing
the netatalk.sh file line

afpd_enable=${afpd_enable-"NO"}

afpd_enable=${afpd_enable-"YES"}

and a number of other things. But as I obviously don't know what I'm
doing, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Alan