Date:      Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:43:26 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: how to connect a device?

Sergey Matveychuk wrote:

>>> what exactly are you trying to do? and what do you mean by "connect a
>>> bluetooth device"?
>>
>> Well, I'd like some file access.

what do you mean by "file access"? do you mean sending/receiving files
to/from your phone using obex? if so then you probably want install
comms/obexapp from ports.

> And I want to make a ppp connection but 'rfcomm_ppd -a eric -c -C dun -l
> rfcomm-dialup' and 'sdpcontrol -a eric browse' commands hang (I can kill
> them with ^C) although my phone shows an active bluetooth connection.

- what phone are you using?

- did you pair your phone and pc? (i.e. did you configure and run
hcsecd(8) properly)

- did you configure 'rfcomm-dialup' section in your /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
(and what did you put there)

- can you please install comms/hcidump from ports and run it as root

# hcidump -w dump

note: this will block.

then in another window/session/shell try use 'sdpcontrol -a eric browse'
adn then terminate hcidump with ^C and send me the dump file.

> I've tried 'hccontrol -n ubt0hci write_node_role_switch 0' command but
> w/o any success.

why? do you understand what this command does? or you just trying
everything that you can find?

thanks,
max