Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 2004 21:14:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andreas Davour <ante@update.uu.se>
To:        "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade problem

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Andrew L. Gould wrote:

> On Friday 09 April 2004 01:55 pm, Andreas Davour wrote:
[snip]
> > If anyone can shed some light on those matters, then I'm all ears. I can't
> > get a new version of Firefox to compile without atk so I'm very interested
> > in getting this to work.
> >
> > I have run 'pkgdb -F' and tried to remove the dependecy, but have not
> > succeeded. I'm not even sure it would be wise to do it...
>
> Did you remember to execute 'pkgdb -Uu' after cvsup and before portupgrade?

So be quite frank, I have no idea! I think I followed all instructions
quite litterally. But portupgrade was mentioned in the handbook and the
"cookbook" examples I found on the web differed somewhat. I no longer
remembered if I did a 'pkgdb -Uu' or not.

I there any telltale signs showing in the narrative in my first post that
indicates I forgot it? Is it recommendable I run it now then?

/andreas