Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 01:35:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        mgraffam@mhv.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
Subject:   Re: Wine and Graph applications

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Capriotti wrote:

>> Have anyone tryed Wine with CorelDraw (any version), PageMaker (6 and 6.5),
>> Photoshop (3 and 4) and other applications for the Graphic Arts field ?

>I'd be very surprised if Wine ran any of these applications to your
>satisfaction. You may want to look into getting Wabi to run under FreeBSD.
>Caldera sells an x86 version of Wabi for Linux ($200 or so) and since
>Wabi runs in userland, it may work under the Linux emulator.

Here are some more alternatives you may wish to consider:

1.  There is Executor, which emulates the Macintosh, instead.  The
Linux version seems to work on FreeBSD.  For graphics applications, at
least, the Mac may be a preferable platform to Windows 3.1 .  I
believe Executor only runs 680x0 Mac code, and not PPC Mac code, but I
don't know for sure.  Try http://www.ardi.com/ for more info.  I took
a quick look there, and both Photoshop and Pagemaker are Yellow, which
means (I think) that they don't work completely well...

2.  There is the GIMP, which is a GPLed graphics editor.  It's
designed, AFAICT, to be a Photoshop clone, so you might want to take a
look at it and see if it meets your needs for Photoshop.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/