Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 18:55:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Doug Young <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
Subject:   Re: Setting environment variable "EDITOR" in vipw

Environment variables come with your login shell, and they're described
there.  You'll want to read the man page for your shell, probably 'man
csh', and learn more about them there.

For this one specifically, you'll want to set the EDITOR environment
variable to "ee".  If you're using csh, you can do this on a global basis
in /etc/csh.cshrc, or you can do it for individual users in their home
directories' .cshrc   Adjust as necessary for other shells.

Ken Bolingbroke
hacker@bolingbroke.com