Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 11:59:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Mullaney <tpm@callisto.jovian.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Quick Questions

Hello there!  I'm a convert from BSDi to FreeBSD!  I have a few quick
questions for you.

1)  When doing an initial install it asks me what security services I
want, DES, KERBEROS, and the sources for both.  I dont want to run
kerberos, but was does running the DES allow me?

2) The BSDi system came with a large number of programs you distribute in
the ports collection already installed.  Is there an easy way to tell it
to install all the ports?  I did notice that some of the ports contained
different versions of the same package, Tcl/Tk for example.  I didnt think
I could install more than one version?

Thanks for any help!  After I get the initial system switched over to
FreeBSD and migrate my users and misc config files I'll have 9 more
systems to go!

If you need to call me feel free.  My number is, toll free, 888-568-4261

Thanks a bunch!

--
Tom Mullaney
tpm@jovian.net