Date:      Tue, 03 May 2005 20:25:07 -0700
From:      Jon Kuster <kwsn@earthlink.net>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: java crashing when load average is high

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 17:10 -0600, Greg Lewis wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 11:10:00PM -0700, Jon Kuster wrote:
> > Native x86 1.4 went straight into the loop.  Native x86 1.5 immediately
> > segfaulted - even on `java -version`.  I removed all java-related ports
> > and linux ports, then reinstalled linux_base-8 and linux-sun-jdk14 and
> > tried to build jdk15 again.  That build hung.  I tried it again this
> > afternoon and somehow, it succeeded (after manual intervention when the
> > build craps out on a spectacularly long command, but I expected that).
>
> Just exactly what was that manual intervention?  Did you split up the
> command that failed?

Compressed versions of the command, long with the build logs are
available here:

http://ni.kwsn.net/~jonnyv/java/

build.out.bz2 is the first half of the build up until the failed
command. fail.sh.bz2 is the command itself. build.out.cont.bz2 is the
second half of the build after running fail.sh.  That's being hosted on
the box in question, and it seems to have developed a kernel panic
during shipping, so it might be up and down while we troubleshoot it.

-Jon